A few Woodstock Low Power questions
05-31-2018, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2018 03:30 PM by Archilog.)
A few Woodstock Low Power questions
Hello, HP fans!

I am seriously planning to acquire a Woodstock Low Power kit to 'upgrade' a HP-22. I am very grateful to the authors of this prodigious marvel, mainly PANAMATIK, for this opportunity.

It's not only because the Woodstock Series seems to me to be the nicest of all times, but also because the 70's red display is very efficient for a hobby I like to practice: astronomy.

1. Today the HP-67 option "Merge" is not available on the HP-67E, but I've heard something about using datas registers in one program to pass them to another program in another calculator instance. How is this possible, and at what level? What are the performances if I want to register, say, hundred most brilliant stars coordinates in some registers to mathematically treat them in another program (that is: in another calculator)? Is there any limitations to this?

2. Since Panamatik is offering a GPS option, I'm also interested in adding it to my purchase, but I would like to know what precision it can afford; the idea behind this is to use the calc to determine N-E-S-W directions easily. So, what can I expect from this GPS?

3. Woodstock LP kit permits some alphabetical manipulations, but would it be possible to display, for example, the name of a star followed by its coordinates, like on a HP-41?

I would prefer upgrade to the HP-29E or the HP-34E - just a question of practice, after all - but any modification to this may be plan.

Thanks in advance!

Archi.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A few Woodstock Low Power questions - Archilog - 05-31-2018 02:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)