My WP-34S : USB to Serial cable prototype
01-23-2015, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2015 04:49 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
RE: My WP-34S : USB to Serial cable prototype
(01-23-2015 02:21 PM)jebem Wrote:  Concerning the WP-34S, I am a late adopter because I only discovered it after joining this forum.
So, others here are the real experts on the WP-34S, not me.

While I'm very impressed by enthusiasm people have gone to in making what is simply a programming adapter, I'm rather disappointed in the completeness of the documentation. Recall that we've been re-purposing 20b and 30b calculators for almost seven years, yet most people look no further than this forum in doing their research and completely overlook the Old Forum and the six years worth of experience re-purposing calculators that can be found there.

Lets not forget:
While sometimes the journey is half the fun, building a programming adapter is simply a means to an end. If you're only interested it turning a 30b into a WP 34S or WP 31S then save yourself a lot of frustration and time, get a ready-made adapter and show some support for those who followed this path before you.

Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My WP-34S : USB to Serial cable prototype - Dave Frederickson - 01-23-2015 04:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)