USB powered "fake" battery pack adapter?
04-15-2018, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2018 08:17 PM by pier4r.)
RE: USB powered "fake" battery pack adapter?
(04-15-2018 06:05 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  Okay, it seems to work on some older models, but it doesn't work on my fx-CG50. With the batteries removed, and with the calculator plugged into a USB charger, the calculator turns on for a second when the 'ON' button is pressed (just the backlight with a blank screen apart from the 'busy' annunciator in the top right corner), and then turns itself off again.

I'd make a youtube video but I can't be arsed!

Hmm. Are you sure are on the last OS? On the 9860G the USB allowed only connection and no operation without batteries until I upgraded.
The 9860 GII can do the same, both power graphic or power graphic 2.
I am unsure about the 9750, but if there is written "USB power graphic" then it works.

Are you sure the cg10, 20, 50 don't behave like the 9860? Would be heavily suspicious as they are new models that compete with prime and nspire CX that can "survive" on USB power. Let me check.

Hmm I am not finding anything. Nor I find anything for the 9860 where I know that they can survive without batteries but with USB.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: USB powered "fake" battery pack adapter? - pier4r - 04-15-2018 08:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)