(15C) Decoder for HP 15c programs
03-30-2018, 07:15 PM
RE: (15C) Decoder for HP 15c programs
(03-30-2018 05:22 PM)pinkman Wrote:  Well it has been a problem for me, as Excel does not strictly handle Text formats as needed, always suggesting to correct the format to a number value. Also, apparently the search function I'm using to find the values in the REF list does not work with forced text cells, so the decoder is inoperant.

Yes, I know that the lookup functions can be a PITA. But there is a solution – you just have to be smarter than Excel. ;-)

The safest way here is: first format all respective cells als text. Then fill these cells after (!) the formatting. You can also reenter them by pressing F2 (edit) and ENTER. Finally you have to make sure that the tests for instance do not compare a cell with 42 (number) but with "42" (text). Or you may use VALUE() to compare the value of a cell with the numbers 42 and 43.

Based on your second version, I also added ten more for entries ",0" to ",9" to the REF sheet, and now it works as I think it should. But more important: column F and G in REF translate LBL SQRT into LBL A, but the respective GTOs and GSBs are missing. So I addded ten entries for GTO SQRT ... GTO 1/x and GSB SQRT ... GSB 1/x.

(03-30-2018 05:22 PM)pinkman Wrote:  
(03-22-2018 06:36 PM)Dieter Wrote:  BTW, would you consider it a good idea to complement the ten non-keyboard tests with the respective TEST # so that the listing would show e.g. X>0? (TEST 1) ?

Yes for sure!!! And I can extend my answer to your first question. I generalize the translation you propose for tests with 2 parts: <readable form> (<keyboard form>).

Great. Thank you very much.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (15C) Decoder for HP 15c programs - Dieter - 03-30-2018 07:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)