82240B printhead fried itself in a puff of smoke
03-18-2020, 10:13 PM
RE: 82240B printhead fried itself in a puff of smoke
(03-18-2020 07:35 PM)twoweims Wrote:  
(03-18-2020 03:01 PM)mfleming Wrote:  I would be very interested to know if there is an improvement in print quality. Might well be worth the adventure of replacing the part!

Mine was printing with good quality before the fire. After the replacement it is still good. It did improve the consistency of the paper advancement quite a bit so i think the feed roller mechanism was wearing out on the old one.

The repair won't be much of an adventure. It is very straightforward.

But as Bob mentioned in his response, It may be easier to just get another one on eBay, then you have a spare...

For me it is sometimes easier to get "the accounting department" to let me buy repair parts than it is to buy "more junk" on eBay... Wink

Aha, well, there's your fatal mistake. Never involve accounting until you get a really good deal, then it's OK to share your shopping prowess.

More seriously, I just bought an 82240B, working fine, good output, for $42 including shipping. I didn't really need another one, but I could not let it pass. And yes, I did share this deal with accounting, though they did not have the same level of appreciation as I did; something about "more junk from eBay..." Smile

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 82240B printhead fried itself in a puff of smoke - rprosperi - 03-18-2020 10:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)