Looking for Grapevine Publications books on HP 48
02-26-2018, 12:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2018 12:31 AM by pier4r.)
RE: Looking for Grapevine Publications books on HP 48
(02-25-2018 08:41 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Am I entitled to dislike RPL? I think I am. Are you entitled to dislike my posts about it? Of course you are.

Sure! I did not want to mean that you cannot dislike the RPL. I wanted to emphasize that since here and there you try/show (few) RPL calculators, it may be (may be, not is) that you post often "RPL boo" more as banter than anything. Anyway other readers may not notice this (source: private discussions).
For my side, I am amazed by RPN, RPL, MCode and whatever, although I am not so fluent in RPN with 4 registers (I use 2, max 3 registers, and when I try to use T without thinking, I screw up).

And I do not dislike the banter, only I used it as pointer to expose my idea above that was not using you as "you" rather as a representative of the generic idea "I don't mind that this type X of documents would be included". (where X can be RPL, because not RPN, RPN because not RPL, 35 because I couldn't buy it, etc..)

"Whence you derive the idea that I do not own a 49-50 series?". Was "you may not own" and not "you surely don't own", so more like "As a guess, I'd say he doesn't have a 49-50 since he does not talk about them". But that is, it is a guess.

"I tried to like it, I really tried. ... I simply couldn't swallow it" . I do not see the problem. Picture me trying to don't mess up the register T. It is more like I have to put the blanked on the bed, and I get trapped by it. At least sysrpl/RPL are vast, I am lost trying to use 4 registers instead of 3 ( + 1 for mistakes).

"Oh, and about Grapevine's publications:..."
Ok I expected this, anyway when they have the math topics in the title I would also expect some theory and some practice examples. That is, whatever the calculator one has, the book would be still somewhat useful.

Now back on topic. Has anyone an idea about the copyright problem posted above?

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for Grapevine Publications books on HP 48 - pier4r - 02-26-2018 12:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)