Displaying String on Free42 & DM42
03-29-2018, 11:04 PM
RE: Displaying String on Free42 & DM42
(03-29-2018 09:58 AM)Werner Wrote:  Hi Bill,
nice & thanks already for the huge effort in creating the FONTS program.
As a suggestion, I'd have 5 control characters: the 4 arrows and an 'escape' character to indicate that the following character is to be drawn, not interpreted, eg a quote. That way, there's no need to 'remember' the previous character.
Also, (I'm rewriting DISPLAY for my own needs ;-), I use a matrix "CTRL" of control characters. To then determine whether the current char is a control character, I use
[FIND], which verifies all of them in a single command. RCLIJ GTO IND ST X or Y can be used to branch to the specific control character code. If it's not found, [FIND] will skip the next instruction (should've been called [FIND?] instead).

Thanks, Werner

Hi Werner,

Thanks for the suggestions.
I had thought of using an "escape" character, but since I wished to be able to print all characters, didn't want to give up a character code. Which "escape" character do you have in mind to use?

Using a Matrix to store the control codes sounds interesting. I'm not that familiar with the Matrix FIND function. I'd be interested in seeing your final version of the code.

Thanks,

Bill
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Displaying String on Free42 & DM42 - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 03-29-2018 11:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)