ERAMCO MLDL MCODE Source Listings
04-11-2018, 04:36 PM
RE: ERAMCO MLDL MCODE Source Listings
(04-11-2018 04:07 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  I have a question for the MCode gurus here: do you know for which assembler the ERAMCO source code has been written?

I mean for example the first function name is defined by:
Code:
       NAM      20 IPAGE   say we want a two digit numeric argument

Which tool does support this type of function name definition? I don’t think it’s supported by SDK41 nor SDS II …

I have no idea. Back in the days I think the only alternative available was the one from HP, but I do not know when it became available to the public. It does not match that source for sure.

My guess is that some wrote assemblers on their own and kept them by themselves. This was at a time when it was not so easy to distribute software in small numbers and the computer market was very diversified.

IBM PC was just out and way too expensive for individuals.

I had a Nut assembler for the Commodore 64, written in 6502 assembly and the poor machine had to struggle to bring in the source in three parts from the super slow floppy disk. I think it took a minute or two (caused by the floppy disk, the assembler itself did the work in a couple of seconds). I used bit banging on the parallel port to download it to a hand built MLDL, which I remember took 37 seconds.

That assembler was never released. I do not remember exactly why and I do not even remember considering it. Maybe it was because I focused on the 6502 variant, which never reached the market as the distributor eventually declined it.

I suspect other may have made their own assemblers for in-house use, and my guess this source is for such assembler.

I am very happy this source code was shared. I have just started to collect such matter as I hope to resurrect some using modern tools and make it available, when time permits.

If there are more out there, bring it on! I want to see original comments and it does not matter if it is hand written.

Håkan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ERAMCO MLDL MCODE Source Listings - hth - 04-11-2018 04:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)