Perfect Programming PDA/Palmtop/Calc
03-28-2016, 11:07 AM
RE: Perfect Programming PDA/Palmtop/Calc
(03-27-2016 05:58 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  If your budget is limited, an Android tablet may be more affordable. In the US a new "Kindle Fire" Android tablet starts at $49 (plus tax). As far as programming language IDEs there is QPython for Python, BASIC! for BASIC and CppDroid for C++, among others. I have not used any of these Apps so I can't comment on their functionality.

Basic! for Android is a very nice basic. It has extensions to make good use of all the Android Hardware options, including voice, GPS, vibrate, etc.

There are several other good languages for Android:

X11-Basic
PascalGUI
Pepe - another Pascal for Android

For C, there's
C4DROID
CCTOOLS

For Fortran, CCTOOLS with gfortran add-on.
For Lua, CCTOOLS with LuaJIT add-on.

And of course, AnDOSBox will allow you to run almost any language. The downside is that you probably won't be able to make use of lot of the Android hardware options.

If you go the Android route, you will need to install a better soft keyboard - I recommend "Hacker's Keyboard". It will give you the special PC function keys.

And some of the above languages do not have a built-in editor, so a nice simple editor for Android will be needed. I use "TED" for Android.

I'm sure I have missed some other programming languages that can be done on the Android. All-in-all, I find the Android tablet has a rich set of options for programming.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perfect Programming PDA/Palmtop/Calc - Bill (Smithville NJ) - 03-28-2016 11:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)