[VA] SRC #016 - Pi Day 2024 Special
03-28-2024, 11:37 PM
RE: [VA] SRC #016 - Pi Day 2024 Special
Hi, DavidM,

(03-27-2024 11:49 PM)DavidM Wrote:  Re: Appearance 6

The following shows how many multi-precision digits were needed to successfully compute the indicated number of pi hex digits when using the LongFloat library in my previous post. I also included timing info for both a real 50g as well as Emu48 running a 50g instance on my desktop computer [...]

Thank you very much, DavidM, an excellent batch of results and a great demonstration of your RPL model's power, be it in physical or virtual form, much appreciated.

Come to think about it, your calc's multi-precision capabilities would be ideal to have a go at the 4th Appearances sub-challenge, which it's been left orphaned so far. You can try and get an appearance of a \(\pi\)'s prefix of some non-trivial length in a trig, log, or exponential irrational number, such as the often-neglected e, for instance ? Smile

Quote:Thanks Valentin for the celebration!

You're welcome, thanks to you for your appreciation and your worthwhile results, they surely took a sizable amount of time (and batteries!) to obtain.

Best regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [VA] SRC #016 - Pi Day 2024 Special - Valentin Albillo - 03-28-2024 11:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)