Editing and adding programs on an HP15C
02-11-2024, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2024 08:33 PM by Johnh.)
Editing and adding programs on an HP15C
Just wondering if anyone has any good tricks or best-practice tips for editing and adding programs to an HP15c? This applies to any version, but I'm a recent aquirer of a CE model.

It has huge capability and plenty of memory to store a lot of useful stuff. But it seems to be all in one long sequential program space into which one adds labels, brancing and returns etc,to set up different routines and applications.

It's all ok once it's programmed, but with no backup storage and just numeric key codes, it's too easy for me to mess up somewhere when editing, breaking other parts of my code by accident, and it feels like this will limit me from putting in anywhere near as much as the machine is capable of. Can only add and delete one step at a time.

I find it helpful to write out the programs on an Excel file to help keep track. I also find an Android emulator useful (I use Touch15) to try things as a development test bed, since it can save backups, ahead of typing into the real machine.

Any other tips?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Editing and adding programs on an HP15C - Johnh - 02-11-2024 08:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)