Online HP-45 Emulator - First calculator with a shift key
12-28-2023, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2023 06:33 PM by van2z.)
Online HP-45 Emulator - First calculator with a shift key
After building the HP-35 calculator, I was looking if there was any low hanging fruit for me to reuse the same code. I found the HP-80 used exactly the same hardware, but I couldn't find the ROM.

I see Brouhaha seems to have manually copied each assembly instruction from the original patent into his Nonpareil code, but I don't have an easy way to compile that to see the ROM binary. If anyone can do this, it would be appreciated.

Moving on after the HP-80, was the HP-45, for which I was able to find the ROM binary, also from Brouhaha, here.

The hardware here was also very similar. The main difference is the inclusion of a "data storage" chip, giving the calculator an extra 560 bits to use. Here it is:

https://veniamin-ilmer.github.io/hp45/

I have never used this calculator before. I see it starts out using fixed notation 2. If anyone has used this calculator before, please let me know if it is functioning properly, or if you see any issues.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Online HP-45 Emulator - First calculator with a shift key - van2z - 12-28-2023 06:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)