New 12c keyboards
10-30-2023, 03:22 AM
RE: New 12c keyboards
First, I will say that there does seem to continue to be an issue with Voyager calculators (12c and 15c CE) where some keys don't work as well as others. I don't know numbers, but there have been claims that it's in the single-digit percentages. Moravia said they have not had an abnormal number of returns from them versus any other models. So maybe you are just unlucky.

But I will say that the elongated % key is a surprise, when you said it is in Moravia/Royal packaging, which means it's from the last couple years. As you pointed out, I would have thought the elongated % was only on units with the previous-generation processor before 2015. So it should have nothing to do with calculators made today. It would surprise me if the findings from over a decade ago would correspond to anything recently. And surely they would have noticed and fixed the mistaken key legend in the time since then.

But on the other hand, I am amazed that they still continued producing units with that terrible percent key in the last couple years. I was under the impression that was only from the Inventec factory in China, which I don't know if they even still use for the 12c now. Does it say Made in Philippines or Made in China? I believe most/all are being made in the Philippines now.

For reference, I have a Moravia-supplied 12c that I got over a year ago (made in Philippines, does not have HEWLETT-PACKARD on the front, and has the misspelled "www.hpcals.com" web site on the back) and it has the normal % key. So yours is clearly older than that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
New 12c keyboards - Brian Zilli - 10-30-2023, 12:23 AM
RE: New 12c keyboards - Eric Rechlin - 10-30-2023 03:22 AM
RE: New 12c keyboards - Brian Zilli - 10-30-2023, 04:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)