(Fixed) WP34s, unresponsive after trying to flash
10-10-2023, 05:24 AM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2023 10:20 PM by Peter Klein.)
(Fixed) WP34s, unresponsive after trying to flash
[EDIT]. I fixed ithe problem and was able to flash the calculator using a currently available cable (as of 10/2023). See this thread:
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-20668.html
- - -

I was active here when the WP 34s was in development. A kind soul on the forum flashed mine for me. It is running version 3.1 3225.

Is it worth flashing it to the current version? My use is pretty casual. I never had the original programming cable. I do have a couple of USB FTDI serial cables They deliver either 5v or 3.3v to program and/or flash the firmware of an Icom V80 and a Radioddity GD77, both ham radio handheld transceivers. I don't know the exact voltage. The cable supplies Rx data, Tx data and ground. If I could rig up something with some alligator clip leads and pogo pins, it might be worth trying, but I don't want to brick the calculator. I'm running Windows 11 on my computer.

Thanks!
--Peter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
(Fixed) WP34s, unresponsive after trying to flash - Peter Klein - 10-10-2023 05:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)