Adhesive vinyl overlays - C47 & WP43 (DM42), WP3xS, DB48X, newRPL variants available!
07-27-2023, 04:16 AM
C47 Overlay Update
I made some good progress tonight...

I spent some time tweaking the colors of the C47 overlay, changing the background to true black, and lightening up the blue and orange text slightly - they may actually be close to the original colors on the overlay in the repo because I darkened them slightly to try to improve contrast with the original background color.

Here is a side by side of the new color tweaks (installed on calc) and the one I posted about yesterday. Both are printed on my old vinyl and have the matte lamination sheet applied.

I am quite pleased with this arrangement. If anything, I could probably go a bit lighter yet on the orange and blue to help even more with contrast. As much as I like the matte lamination sheets, it really has a tendency to "cloud" the sharpness of the printed background. (I am NOT moving away from it though! It is still better than the glossy lamination sheets -- they were too reflective of overhead lighting.)

I also stopped at Staples on my way home from work looking for some light cardstock to try another (thicker) tabbed overlay. I rolled the dice on some 61# photo paper and lost. It is too thick compared to the 28# paper plus lamination sheet. I should have known since it is over double the thickness of the paper I already tried. I need to see if I can find some middle ground weight paper (around 45#)... I got the printed paper overlay installed except for the top right tab which I couldn't get into the slot. I did print another set WITH the lamination sheet to give one more try, but I am not holding my breath. I will give that one a go tomorrow.

Here is an imgur link for the new color scheme I mentioned above:
https://imgur.com/gallery/LYsnM0I
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
C47 Overlay Update - spiff72 - 07-27-2023 04:16 AM
Pricing Update - WP34S increase - spiff72 - 11-15-2023, 03:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)