This week in super high prices on TAS
04-08-2023, 06:16 PM
RE: This week in super high prices on TAS
Hello!

(04-08-2023 02:35 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Perhaps it's just a wording thing, but how can eBay not charge fees to a seller? What is meant by "private sales" here Max?

Yes, I guess it is mostly about wording. The distinction is between private sellers and commercial sellers. Commercial sellers are the vast majority on eBay around here: Unless your business does not exceed a certain volume, it is easier and cheaper to use eBay, Amazon, Etsy and similar sites rather than to run your own webshop. Just last week I bought a set of new brake disks for my rare(ish) car from such a seller on eBay, the market seems to be too small (only 5000 of these cars were ever sold in Germany, the last one over 11 years ago) for the big auto-parts dealers to bother.
Obviously eBay Germany now generates enough income from these commercial retailers alone so that it can afford to waive the fees for private sellers. The fees for the payment providers (e.g. PayPal) still remain, probably eBay still gets their share of these.

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: This week in super high prices on TAS - Maximilian Hohmann - 04-08-2023 06:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)