Tripartite Palindromic Partition of Integer (HP 50g) Challenge
04-05-2023, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2023 01:02 AM by 2old2randr.)
RE: Tripartite Palindromic Partition of Integer (HP 50g) Challenge
I've gotten reasonably comfortable with simple programs in SysRPL that are pure numerical computations by studying examples in MoHPC and have embarked on translating my user RPL code to SysRPL.

Where I'm having trouble is with more complex data structures e.g., lists. I'm working with the Kalinowski & Dominik book "Programming in System RPL", 2nd ed. However, some of the documentation seems inaccurate and being hampered by not having an emulator (I don't have a Windows PC), I am making slow progress since everything needs to be tested on the calculator.

For example, the following minimal program to extract the first element of a list crashes the calculator.
Code:
:: CK1NOLASTWD
   CK&DISPATCH1
   list ::
       ^CKCARCOMP
   ;
;

Replacing ^CKCARCOMP (supposedly specific to lists, p 73 of the book) by "1 NTHCOMPDROP" (generic function that works on any composite) works. I haven't been able to find example code that handles lists to see what the normal style is so I'm experimenting and learning ...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tripartite Palindromic Partition of Integer (HP 50g) Challenge - 2old2randr - 04-05-2023 01:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)