Power consumption or bad battery
12-18-2022, 11:17 AM
RE: Power consumption or bad battery
(12-15-2022 12:11 AM)cahlucas Wrote:  Hi all,
Recently my G2 has a problem with the battery. After being fully charged and not used for about a week, the calculator no longer turns on when you press [On]. After charging it works again, but the problem remains. This is the 2nd time this has happened, I never had this problem before. The calculator is about two and a half years old. What could be the reason why the battery lasts so short? Has anyone had the same experience in the past, and has a solution been found? Gladly, I look forward to an answer. Sincerely, Karel.

Proprietary format lithium-ion batteries are a big problem. Here we are lucky that the one used on the Samsung S3 mobile phone is fine. But now this smartphone of Samsung it is a completely obsolete cell phone that can no longer be used. So inevitably the producers of batteries stop producing them. Lithium-ion or Li-po batteries have a limited life from the moment of their construction even if not used and kept in the drawer. In the best conditions they have a life of 5-7 years. So we must know that all of us HP Prime owners will have problems in the coming years when this battery format will be unobtainable and we will have to think of difficult DIY solutions.

For now I can give you two pieces of advice that don't just apply only to the HP calculator.
1 - Look for a battery where the manufacturer declares the production date and clearly choose the most recent one possible.
2 - check that the power supply and above all the cable are in perfect working order; often a worn cable with unstable contacts or worse, damaged internal conductors does not allow an adequate charge.
3 - equipped to manage your lithium-ion or Li-Po batteries in the best possible way.
you can start with stuff like that
USB Meter
where you will see the progress of the charge and above all how much energy has been transferred to your battery at the end of the charge.
4 - try to buy more performing lithium-ion or Li-po battery chargers than the circuits that are on board your power supply and calculator. With these you can dose and monitor the charge, but also discharge to measure the real capacity of the battery and its internal resistance:
Like this
Battery Charger
which is also useful for other items that use rechargeable batteries

Bye
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power consumption or bad battery - pippocalo - 12-18-2022 11:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)