HP-41C LCD Communication
08-25-2022, 10:35 AM
HP-41C LCD Communication
Hi,

I got a HP-41C with LCD misbehaving. I took the logic board and put it into a 41CX and worked fine. But putting the 41CX logic board into the 41C still leads to random LCD characters.
Most of the time the LCD will just show @@@@@@@@@@, I managed to get to show some numbers very faintly with its original zebra connector by squeezing the logic board against the keyboard.. if that makes any sense. I replaced the zebra connector with a brand new one. Could not make it show numbers anymore, just @@@@@@@@@@.

Connecting it to a oscilloscope shows the digital signals on DATA/ISA/SYNC, but in between also some attempted pull-down signals, that get stuck somewhere in the middle. So I am assuming something is wrong with the LCD driver, which I believe is not the original one, as the person soldering it did a messy job.

Any ideas to why it would show only @@@@@@@@@ and why the digital signals can be broken by the LCD?

Also, anyone got any info on the LCD communication? I would attempt to write an Arduino sketch to test the LCD by itself but can't find any info on the subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP-41C LCD Communication - haiduc32 - 08-25-2022 10:35 AM
RE: HP-41C LCD Communication - teenix - 08-25-2022, 05:25 PM
RE: HP-41C LCD Communication - AndiGer - 08-25-2022, 05:37 PM
RE: HP-41C LCD Communication - haiduc32 - 08-26-2022, 06:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)