Is there a consolidated set of repair information?
05-06-2022, 11:48 PM
RE: Is there a consolidated set of repair information?
(05-06-2022 02:48 PM)DrewNicholson Wrote:  I must admit, it was quite disheartening to dig out my boxes of calcs and find that *NONE* of my complete in box near mint 20's and 30's were working. I knew 2 or 3 41's would need attention (one even has the green cancer on the battery contacts), but *all* of my most prized calculators? Ouch.

Hopefully you knew that you MUST NOT ever plug the power adapter into a Woodstock (20's) or Spice (30's) model without a known-good battery pack installed, or you will 95% surely damage the chips on the board due to crappy power supply design. It's best to never plug in the AC adapter at all as even a loose battery can lead to such damage.

If you did this, it's not 100% guaranteed that you killed them but it is quite likely. Try using charged AA flat-top NiCD cells, it's possible they are still OK.

If this did happen, they can sometimes be salvaged by replacing the damaged chips (generally from the same model) or you can replace a bad ACT (like the CPU) with a modern replacement from PANAMATIC, details are here:

http://www.panamatik.de/html/hp_calculat...r_kit.html

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a consolidated set of repair information? - rprosperi - 05-06-2022 11:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)