HP-41CX with built-in HEPAX module
03-25-2022, 04:03 PM
RE: HP-41CX with built-in HEPAX module
(03-24-2022 02:19 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  I recall hearing something about this back the 80's, but there was no specific information or proof. For all I know, the whole thing may have been started by someone saying "Hey, let's start a rumor that there is a 41CX with HEPAX integrated...". I never heard more about it and never saw one, and in fact forgot about it until your post today.

From what I've learned about the HEPAX ceramic circuit boards from Diego, they are mighty fragile and so whoever made this has well above average skills. I'd say really, really don't open it, despite the obvious temptation to take a peek.

We look forward to hearing more about it.

Hint: Assign "HEPAX" to [shift] [1/x] so you can quickly do [shift] [1/x] [1/x] for HEPAX CAT-2 listing.

Thank you for the information and the hint, Bob. I was indeed tempted to open it, however, it's not mine and even then I'd probably wouldn't do it. I've seen so many broken posts and encountered so many other problems after opening HP-41s that I open them only if there is a real need, not just curiosity.

Back in the 80ties it think it was quite common to build modules into 41s just to keep some ports free for other stuff. So, why not a HEPAX?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-41CX with built-in HEPAX module - Jurgen Keller - 03-25-2022 04:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)