Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
03-20-2022, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2022 10:51 PM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release
The "Map Calculator Key" option works by modifying the Windows Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AppKey\18\​ShellExecute. That used to work fine, but at some point, it stopped working on some machines, and I never figured out what exactly the problem was, I think part of the problem was that on non-English versions of Windows, it was using a different key, but I didn't get to the bottom of it, partly because I don't have a keyboard with a Calculator key any more, and partly because I always used the U.S. English version of Windows.

(You might think that this would be something that belonged under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, but that didn't work, or at least not when I tried it, lo these many years ago.)

Could you check where that key is stored on your machine? You should be able to find it by looking for AppKey in regedit, or for the value "calc.exe", but make sure you find *all* occurrences...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 Equations, Preview Release - Thomas Okken - 03-20-2022 04:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)