HP19c Printer Disassembly
07-21-2021, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2021 09:21 PM by jjohnson873.)
HP19c Printer Disassembly
Since there appears to be no suitable replacement for the HP19c printhead, I'm in the process of disassembling the HP19c printer to measure and view the printhead and ribbon cable assembly. I've removed the printer from the calculator and I'm down to the actual mechanism with the motor removed. I have yet to find any photos from anyone who has gone beyond this point. There appears to be a circlip holding the screw drive shaft that moves the printhead. There's also a circlip that holds the steel rod where the printhead assembly moves back and forth. There is an outer shell to the printer housing and there is an inner printer assembly that contains the printhead, the printhead guide, the screw drive shaft that moves the printhead and the paper movement mechanism that applies pressure to move the paper. There are no other screws holding this mechanism together, so I'm assuming that the circlips keep the inner print assembly inside of the outer print housing. Contained in the inner printer assembly, there is a shaft with two small gears on it that appears to be the paper advancement mechanism. I can see some small teeth that are behind the small gears that must be attached to a paper feed mechanism, but you cannot see it without taking the inner printer assembly apart. I'll likely remove the circlips as the next step. It makes me wonder if HP just replaced the whole printer assembly if the printhead went bad. I've attached a picture of the current disassembly.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP19c Printer Disassembly - jjohnson873 - 07-21-2021 04:46 PM
RE: HP19c Printer Disassembly - PANAMATIK - 07-23-2021, 02:46 AM
RE: HP19c Printer Disassembly - teenix - 07-26-2021, 04:57 AM
RE: HP19c Printer Disassembly - PANAMATIK - 07-26-2021, 06:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)