Ghost apps? Symbolic views that just won't go away.
04-02-2021, 07:06 AM
RE: Ghost apps? Symbolic views that just won't go away.
(10-24-2020 11:53 AM)cloudxff Wrote:  Previously, I had the same problem.But recently, the problem has suddenly disappeared.So I thought back to the action I had done.It seems to have something to do with creating a new backup and restoring it after I entered the "memory Manager" interface, since these are the only two actions I've done recently.Who can try it? Backup first, restore later.Then long press Shift +on and boot test to see if the problem still exists.

It doesn't seem to work for me, but maybe I'm performing the steps wrong, here's what I did...

1. I factory reset my device using the FCO method.
2. I then connected to my windows 10 pc and backed up my factory new image using the connectivity kit, naming the backup Clean.zip.
3. I then disconnected from my pc and factory reset my device again using the FCO method.
4. I long pressed shift+on to put the device into coma mode and then pressed on again to start the device.
5. I finally connected to my windows 10 pc again and restored my earlier backup (Clean.zip) using the connectivity kit.

6. I then disconnected from my pc and created a new app based on the solve app which I named solve1, which had a solve icon.
7. I then deleted the newly created solve1 app.
8. I repeated the coma restart by long pressing shift+on to put the device into coma mode and then pressing on again to start the device.

9. The result was that a ghost solve1 app appears with a function icon.

So it didn't work for me. Please tell me if I performed the steps wrong. I don't know what boot test is so maybe I am doing something wrong. Also maybe I should be backing up an image where I have deleted a ghost app first.

Another bug I've noticed is that the device won't go to sleep after a factory reset until I've restarted the device (in this case I used a coma restart followed by on+symb restart, but I don't know if that matters), at which point it will go to sleep. The device dims but after 5 minutes the screen becomes bright again instead of going to sleep. However, as mentioned, this is no longer a problem once the device has been restarted.

Regards, Frank
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ghost apps? Symbolic views that just won't go away. - juuce79 - 04-02-2021 07:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)