12C Platinum vs. 48GX vs. 50g (Speed Test)
10-01-2020, 12:33 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2020 12:36 AM by JDW.)
RE: 12C Platinum vs. 48GX vs. 50g (Speed Test)
(09-30-2020 11:37 PM)Allen Wrote:  Why does your speed test actually need to be complex and time consuming?? If you are measuring speed, would it be practical and informative to use a loop to add a number to the X register (or if not the X register, some variable, since the stack/garbage cleanup functions on the 50g and 48gx would be an extra penalty that the 12c would not have to pay)?

Can you provide some exact key-in steps for the loop you propose as a test? I would intend to key it into my 12C first, then 48GX and then 50g.

As to WHY I want this, I was sent the 12C Platinum by a viewer of my YouTube channel and I am doing an unboxing and review. I have a 28S, 50g, 48GX and Prime in my existing HP calculator collection, so presenting those in my video, showing (1) speed differences, and (2) differences in how to key in the same function on all the calcs, would add something useful to the video, I think. Toward that end, some USEFUL FINANCE CALCULATION that can be run on all those calcs would be idea, rather than just a specially contrived benchmarking calculation.

I look forward to your kind reply. Thank you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 12C Platinum vs. 48GX vs. 50g (Speed Test) - JDW - 10-01-2020 12:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)