HEPAX-0C Prototype version ROM images.
09-09-2020, 10:17 PM
RE: HEPAX-0C Prototype version ROM images.
Hi all,

Ángel, good to see you around. :-)
I think you meant the "RAMTOG" command, used to protect RAM pages from unwanted overwriting. Yes it works in all the NoV family.

On the original NoVRAM and NoV-32 it works exactly as it does in the real HEPAX.

In the NoV-64(d) it keeps track of the protected RAM pages (active or not) and keeps its protection status as long as the module is plugged and power is present.

Sylvain found a few weeks ago that the "RAMTOG" command was not funtional in the latest version of the NoV-64(d) code (NoV-64-H.asm). I found the bug in an error I made while compliling an upgrade around 2011! (Obviously not a very demanded function) :-D

Now it is again restored and the latest version includes that correction, along with the page oriented BS. Details on the included NoV-64 manual.

Steen,
Amazing that the "mother of all breadboards" is still working after all these years! Congrats. ;-)

As a side note, if you want me to (try to) fix your HEPAX module, just let me know. I think you deserve a working HEPAX... and sure enough the whole community will second me on that.

Please consider this a compensation for the countless hours of joy that your work has brougth to many of us along decades. :-)

Best to all and keep healthy.

Diego.

"Do not suppose, check it twice."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HEPAX-0C Prototype version ROM images. - Diego Diaz - 09-09-2020 10:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)