Just bought a HP-67 calculator at an auction
07-29-2020, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2020 11:10 AM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: Just bought a HP-67 calculator at an auction
Hello!

(07-29-2020 12:27 AM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  ...and bought a battery holder so I can run it using standard AAA alkaline batteries. I got the battery holder from eBay seller waterhosko, ...

I also have one of his AAA adapters. A very smart invention :-) It works very nicely with recharcheable AAA cells. A modern NiMh cell typically has a cpacity of 800 or 1000mAh which is twice as much as the original cells had. Plenty so to say. And you don't need the original charger at all. But you could still use it and even charge the cells inside the calculator. And here comes the usual reminder: Although the HP-67 is not as easily killed by connecting it to a charger without batteries installed than his smaller "Woodstock" siblings (which will die instantly) it is a good idea not to attach the charger at all. Ever.

"Waterhosko" can also provide you with the replacement "gummy wheel" parts required to fix the card reader. They are penny items. But don't attempt to perform the repair yourself unless you have the necessary skills. Here (on this very site!) is a good set of instruction of how it can be done: https://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap...i?read=179 Decide for yorself if you are able to do it.

Regards
Max

NB: "Waterhosko" is an active member of this forum (his latest post is less then a week old). You can contact him through this forum regarding battery packs and parts. This is how I got mine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just bought a HP-67 calculator at an auction - Maximilian Hohmann - 07-29-2020 11:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)