HP-67 - 1612S04538 - motor slow and wrong resistor value
02-03-2020, 02:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2020 05:20 AM by teenix.)
RE: HP-67 - 1612S04538 - motor slow and wrong resistor value
(02-02-2020 10:13 PM)albertofenini Wrote:  BTW Has anyone ever opened a card reader motor and cleaned the inside ?

If the terminals are straight and clean the red cap should come off but is fragile.

However, I don't think the motor is designed to be serviceable. There is another clear plastic cover on the motor end that I am not sure can be removed without breaking it.

There are no carbon brushes in the motor. Instead there is a 5 segment commutator where the 2 power connectors rub against with small "fingers". If they are worn, I don't think they can be replaced. The motor coil connections may be broken but again I don't think they can be repaired easily.

Maxon made the motors originally by the look of it, but I haven't seen replacements. I have looked for 10,000rpm 3V motors with 1mm shaft and there are some around but no success so far with mechanical size and mounting screws.

Edit: It looks like Escap made motors as well. I think they are now called Portescap and they look to have promising models available.

cheers

Tony

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-67 - 1612S04538 - motor slow and wrong resistor value - teenix - 02-03-2020 02:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)