Linux already on HP Prime G2!
07-19-2019, 03:38 PM
RE: Linux already on HP Prime G2!
Of the entire population of all calculator users, what percentage of them use RPL? Of all those RPL users, what percentage of (them), would want a modified calculator in order to run RPL?

My sense is that by the time the population is filtered to those few that would buy a modified calculator, expressly for the purpose of using RPL, the actual number will be pretty small.

I have several calculators, many of them with RPL, and frankly, the only one I ever use is an hp prime (G2), anymore. In fact, most of my calc use is with the hp prime virtual calc, which I use pretty much every day. I would be completely content if RPL wasn't supported at all. RPL was a great idea, but python, and other computer software, makes even using a handheld calculator at all, less important than it ever was when RPL was the demand item.

It seems like RPL on the prime, is a tail-chasing exercise, with diminishing returns. If you have the "bound-to's" and are so driven that you have to prove this exercise, then no harm is done in the pursuit. If it is expected that running RPL on a modified calculator will be a huge forward techno-leap, I'm not thinking the masses will agree, or will beat a path to your doorway.

Good luck, it will be interesting to watch the activity unravel, one way or the other.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Linux already on HP Prime G2! - akmon - 07-16-2019, 07:19 AM
RE: Linux already on HP Prime G2! - BruceH - 07-21-2019, 10:52 AM
RE: Linux already on HP Prime G2! - Han - 11-21-2020, 05:07 PM
RE: Linux already on HP Prime G2! - aloof - 11-17-2020, 03:23 AM
RE: Linux already on HP Prime G2! - DrD - 07-19-2019 03:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)