Sharp EL-W516X Calculation Examples Manual
05-22-2014, 02:14 AM
RE: Sharp EL-W516X Calculation Examples Manual
Hi Matt,

Let's say, in table, I go to choice 2 and make f(x)=(x^2+x+1)/x^(1/2). The 36Pro really "wants" one to enter terms in classic mode, not pretty print. Also wants fractional powers, not the n root key.

I want to find the integral of f(x) from 1 to ? such that the integral=10.

Go to num-solv and make it 10=Integral from 1 to x of f(x). To accomplish this, place curser inside of (),hit table, choose choice 1 which will make the integrand (f()dx. Make it (f(x)), put curser beyond the dx, press enter. This sends you to the solve template. Choose a reasonably sounding "x". Go to solve field, highlight x, enter.

Making a table first (by selecting choice 2 after choosing table) may assist you in making a reasonable guess as this will effect calculation time. When I chose 1 as my guess, it came up with the correct 2.987+ in 54 seconds. When I made a more unreasonable guess of 10, it took 2 minutes 53 seconds. It looks fairly forgiving if your guess is fairly good...remember the guess of "1" took 54 seconds. An excellent guess of 3 took 40 seconds.

None of this is documented in their little guide book. I gave the d/dx and the integral a shot in solve as it didn't say that it couldn't be done...wonder why they (TI) didn't share this as it makes the calculator much more useful in simple calculus!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp EL-W516X Calculation Examples Manual - lrdheat - 05-22-2014 02:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)