HP Forums

Full Version: NumWorks open source calculator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(02-17-2021 10:50 PM)DA74254 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2021 10:28 PM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote: [ -> ]Android: Can anyone suggest how to exit the calculator on Android. Tapping or holding the Numworks power switch does nothing (on the Numworks App).
Powering off the Android mobile works, but that is not convenient.
??
I have both the Numworks and the Omega on my Cat s61 (Androit v9). I just hit middle button and it goes away. If you want to "force close" it, you hit right button (vanilla Android, that's the square symbol), find the app you want to close and swipe up.

I have found that doing a pinch from the top and bottom of the screen (as if to make it smaller) brings up the three Android symbols (left arrow, circle and square) which can then be used.
Google Play is telling me that Omega needs an older Android on my phone and Chromebook (Older than my Android 12).
On an old phone (Android 8), Google Play says Omega is compatible but the install fails (as do most installs on that phone).
Is it documented anywhere which Android Omega needs?
(the online simulator only displays half the calculator).
[Numworks epsilon is fine]
Omega has refused to even start for me, for several years, so it must be quite an old version it needs.
(05-16-2023 04:31 PM)cdmackay Wrote: [ -> ]Omega has refused to even start for me, for several years, so it must be quite an old version it needs.

I'm running both Numworks and Omega fine with my Cat S62 Pro on Android 11.
Omega run both in algebraic and RPN mode without issues.
hmm, that's odd. I wonder what is wrong with my set-up?

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, before giving up.

I still have Omega installed on my h/w Numworks, frozen in time of course since it is no longer being developed and the new Numworks OS no longer allow replacing the firmware (I believe).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's