HP Forums

Full Version: Reset integrating a function
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,
I try:
g(x):=x^2
then
int(g,x) - (also with the graphic tools on C key...)
HP Prime reset and g variable is reset also.
Is it only a problem by me or...?

Any workaround?

Salvo
Did the emulator crash?

See attachment.
(01-31-2015 10:42 PM)salvomic Wrote: [ -> ]int(g,x) - (also with the graphic tools on C key...)

Try int(g(x),x)
Hello Salvo,

I could reproduce the crash for g(x):=x² and int(g,x).
This also happens for int(g) or f(t):=t² and int(f,t), whereas int('sin') or int(f) or h(x):=c and int(h) are mostly fine (somewhat strange results nevertheless).

Since I don't know if a functional form of "int" makes sense anyway (how should it behave for functions with two or more parameters?) -- as opposed to "diff" --, you should use only expressions as arguments (see on-calc help) as Tim suggested.
hi all,
here emulator crashes also, but without warning, only message for crash...

int(g(x),x) seems to be ok, as it must be. Yeah Tim, it's correct, I know, but if there is a way to avoid reset it's better: the calculator should only give an error not reset, also if the reset it's not deadly Smile

cheers
Just checked on emulator, I can not reproduce a crash.
And yes, it would probably be meaningfull to make int(g) work like g'.
(02-01-2015 09:27 AM)parisse Wrote: [ -> ]Just checked on emulator, I can not reproduce a crash.
And yes, it would probably be meaningfull to make int(g) work like g'.
Did you name the parameter "x"? Just asking because it matters:

g(x):=x and int(g) crashes my device quite reliable.
f(t):=t and int(f) doesn't crash it, but returns (t)->(t*x). So, "int" does not care about the actual parameter as "diff" would do, but always assumes "x" to be the integration variable.
h(x):=c and int(h) doesn't crash, but returns _x->(c*x(_x)) if CAS setting "Exact" is checked, or "Error: Bad Argument Value" if unchecked.
BTW: if CAS setting "Exact" is unchecked I cannot do a simple "restart", so have to either re-check it or do "restart(NULL)".

P.S. Maybe helpful to see what's going on: int(h) says "Warning, evaluating (integrate((x)->c,x))(_x) as a function not as a product".
Yes, tried with x as variable. But revisions may differ.
(02-01-2015 03:05 PM)parisse Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, tried with x as variable. But revisions may differ.

I've firmware 6975, hardware A...
It probably means that the crash has been fixed since then.
(02-02-2015 08:51 AM)parisse Wrote: [ -> ]It probably means that the crash has been fixed since then.

well, 6975 isn't the last public released firmware upgrade?
Is it info about the next release?

Merci!
All I can say is that it's fixed in Giac/Xcas sourcecode base.
(02-02-2015 01:57 PM)parisse Wrote: [ -> ]All I can say is that it's fixed in Giac/Xcas sourcecode base.

ok! ;-)
Reference URL's