HP Forums

Full Version: Comparison table for HP and SwissMicros RPN calculator models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HP Plus Calculator Comparison Table web page.

The calculator comparison table at the above web page includes RPN calculator models manufactured by HP, SwissMicros and RPN calculators made using community created software loaded into HP or SwissMicros models. I had posted a similar table two weeks ago in PDF format but it has expanded to include other models since then.

The format and much of the information in this table comes from the The Museum of HP Calculators website using its "Feature Comparison" function.

This table primarily focuses on LCD RPN scientific calculator models not currently featured on the Museum of HP Calculators comparison table. It does have a few models that are present on the HP Museum site for comparison. It does not presently include business, algebraic-only or "graphing" calculator models. For more information on earlier HP calculators, please refer to The Museum of HP Calculators website.

A PDF version of this table is also available at: HP Plus Calculator Comparison Table.

A photo gallery of the calculators featured in the comparison table is available from the navigation control in the upper right corner of this page or click on the following link to open a new page: HP Plus Photo Gallery

Please let me know if you see any errors, omissions and possible IP issues or if you have any suggestions for improvement. I also wanted to acknowledge the people who have already contributed to making the original list better and more accurate.
Thank you.
Very interesting, thank you for making this.
Since you already have several 41 variants, I think adding the 41CL would complete your list.
(07-02-2023 04:59 PM)Steve Simpkin Wrote: [ -> ]A photo gallery of the calculators featured in the comparison table is available from the navigation control in the upper right corner of this page or click on the following link to open a new page: HP Plus Photo Gallery

Minor remark: the picture illustrating the 41C series is not a HP-41C but a HP-41CV.

J-F
Sylvain Cote, I agree!
J-F, Thanks catching that.

The web pages and PDF file have been updated as follows:
* Consolidated the HP-41CX into the HP-41C/CV/CX column.
* Added the 41CL calculator.
* Added a 41CL photo section to the Photo Gallery.
* Separated the WP43 and C47 models into their own columns.
* Added "Traditional Enter key operation*" row under the Logic section.
* Fixed the link for WP43 project home page.
Thank you!

A small mistake: DM41L/DM41 has a 1 line LCD not a 4+ Lines (240x400) one.
(07-02-2023 10:49 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you!

A small mistake: DM41L/DM41 has a 1 line LCD not a 4+ Lines (240x400) one.

Oops. Fixed. ThanksSmile
Steve,
It is a good comparison table.

More good is seeing the full table. Currently am seeing a fixed X*Y portal view, requiring LR/UD scrolling.

Tested in Firefox, in Opera and the comparison table remains in the portal view.
(07-03-2023 11:30 PM)TallKey Wrote: [ -> ]Steve,
It is a good comparison table.

More good is seeing the full table. Currently am seeing a fixed X*Y portal view, requiring LR/UD scrolling.

Tested in Firefox, in Opera and the comparison table remains in the portal view.

TallKey,
This seems to be a limitation of the Google Sites web page tools I am using. I added the following section and link just above the table. See if that link works better for viewing the table.

"Note the comparison table below has a limited width. To see a wider version of the table, click on the following PDF link. This will open a new tab which can be zoomed to occupy the entire width of the screen: HP Plus Calculator Comparison Table."
Table updated:
* Added a note to the "HP 35S notes:" section regarding the HP 33S. Also mentioned the HP 33S in the Photo Gallery (HP 35S section) with a link to its Wikipedia page.
* Number of subroutine levels on the DM42 changed from 8 to 1024.

Thanks to Gerald H and Werner for pointing these items out.
Updated site and table:
* Added more detail to "Traditional Enter key operation" description vs eRPN.
* Added note about right-clicking on links to open link in new tab.
Updated the main HP Plus RPN Calculator Comparison Table web page.

It now include a seperate table that has a HP Plus RPN/RPL Graphing Calculator Comparison Table.

This new page also includes its own HP Plus RPN/RPL Graphing Calculator Photo Gallery.

As always, feedback is appreciated.

Edit: Fixed a number of errors on the HP Plus RPN/RPL Graphing Calculator Photo Gallery page (reported by DA74254). Also added the HP Prime to the gallery.
Looks great. Some corrections on the graphing list:

49g+ should be 131x80 for display, 48gII should be same as 49G (131x64).

49G should have Yes for Alarms.

Serial ports aren't quite right. The 49g+ is just USB. The 48gII is either host-powered serial (unique to the early 48gII models) or TTL serial + USB (matching the 50g).

50g should say "SD Card" not "SD ard"

"Hard cover" should be indicated for the 49G, not 49g+ (and it's not in addition to a soft case, but instead of). The Prime also has a hard cover. Check on the 48gII -- I can't remember if some had a hard cover too. (The 48gII never had a pouch like the 49g+/50g but at least some had a soft slipcover -- this may have changed when they went from 3 batteries to 4.)
(07-11-2023 07:17 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote: [ -> ]Looks great. Some corrections on the graphing list:

49g+ should be 131x80 for display, 48gII should be same as 49G (131x64).

49G should have Yes for Alarms.

Serial ports aren't quite right. The 49g+ is just USB. The 48gII is either host-powered serial (unique to the early 48gII models) or TTL serial + USB (matching the 50g).

50g should say "SD Card" not "SD ard"

"Hard cover" should be indicated for the 49G, not 49g+ (and it's not in addition to a soft case, but instead of). The Prime also has a hard cover. Check on the 48gII -- I can't remember if some had a hard cover too. (The 48gII never had a pouch like the 49g+/50g but at least some had a soft slipcover -- this may have changed when they went from 3 batteries to 4.)

Thanks Eric.
I fixed all of those errors and updated the table and web site. The HP 48gII was interesting. The original 2003 version (V1) had 128 KB RAM, used 3 AAA batteries, had a soft slip cover and had a host-powered RS232 serial port. The second version (V2 introduced in 2007) used 4 AAA batteries, came with 256 KB RAM, added a USB (Mini-B) port to its TTL Serial port, had a sliding hard cover and features a better keyboard. That was quite a difference without a name or obvious revision change on the package.
(07-11-2023 07:17 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote: [ -> ]...(The 48gII never had a pouch like the 49g+/50g but at least some had a soft slipcover -- this may have changed when they went from 3 batteries to 4.)

The 48gii came with a fairly rigid, leather-like, top-entry slip case, much like the HP-33S case, and unfortunately, about as bad when it comes to the black outer layer peeling. Not quite as bad as the early 50g case peeling, but still unacceptable for real-world use.
HP Plus Calculator Comparison Table web page:

* Added an Additional Links page that has links to HP calculator related sites in addition to the model specific links included on the HP Plus RPN Calculator Photo Gallery and HP Plus RPN/RPL Graphing Calculator Photo Gallery pages.
* Added more links to various calculators on the above mentioned Photo Gallery pages.
These tables continue to improve and I use them daily, thanks for the nice work on these Steve.

A small suggestion: Please add the url of the source website to the PDF files. I usually open use the PDF copies since they are always handy, but the link would make it easy to check for updates w/o coming here to find the address.

Nice work!! Smile
(07-20-2023 12:37 PM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]These tables continue to improve and I use them daily, thanks for the nice work on these Steve.

A small suggestion: Please add the url of the source website to the PDF files. I usually open use the PDF copies since they are always handy, but the link would make it easy to check for updates w/o coming here to find the address.

Nice work!! Smile

Thanks Bob!

I have made the following changes to the HP Plus Calculator Comparison Table web page site:

* An Excel version of each table (RPN and RPL/Graphing) is now available at: HP Plus Calculator Comparison Table (Excel) and HP Plus RPN/RPL Graphing Calculator Comparison Table (Excel). Links to these have been added to their respective pages.
* I went ahead and added links to the PDF and Excel documents at the top of each table. If you have trouble activating a link, click on the left side of it.
Reference URL's