HP Forums

Full Version: Options on obtaining a printed WP34s manual
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
So I dug out my WP34s recentrly, and started playing with it again, and I got to the point where I realized I really need a manual. And a paper one at that, I'm not good at reading on a screen.
I bought the pdf version that Walter sells, but that's not good for two main reasons:
1) it's not the most recent version;
2) it's not printable, because of the colored background and large watermark.
So I have to look elsewhere. The only option I found is the one on Amazon, but that too isn't totally up-to-date, and since I'm in Italy, it's very expensive - the manual, plus shipment to Italy, comes to almost $60, while I could get it printed locally for like $10.
So... Are there other options for obtaining the manual in Europe? A recent, printable PDF for sale would be perfect, or failing that, a printed manual but located here in Europe...
I don't mind paying for the manual, but I'd prefer not having to pay 2x what I paid for the calculator itself... Smile

Cristian
(06-28-2023 07:51 PM)Cristian Arezzini Wrote: [ -> ]So... Are there other options for obtaining the manual in Europe? A recent, printable PDF for sale would be perfect, or failing that, a printed manual but located here in Europe...
Hi Cristian,

look at this thread (post #17):
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-19948.html

My own link is already expired, but on 'Edit 2' you'll also find a copy.
It's version 3.1, but updated to the last version 3.3 (and no watermarks or colored background, so printing it should work).

Regards,
Franz
(06-28-2023 08:16 PM)fhub Wrote: [ -> ]It's version 3.1, but updated to the last version 3.3 (and no watermarks or colored background, so printing it should work).

Thank you Franz! I had seen that file, but the fact that it has "Edition 3.1" printed on the bottom of each page confused me.
I noticed that the Amazon version has more than 400 pages, many more than the 211 in your file. What is missing? Did you just update the information on v3.1 without adding the extra material added in the newest versions (and what is that extra material)?
It's a shame that it's impossible to get hold of the most recent official manual, except than a printed copy from the other side of the world... especially since it's an open source project. But I guess that's just how IP works. Smile

Cristian
(06-28-2023 09:59 PM)Cristian Arezzini Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed that the Amazon version has more than 400 pages, many more than the 211 in your file. What is missing? Did you just update the information on v3.1 without adding the extra material added in the newest versions (and what is that extra material)?
Well, there's nothing important missing in my version.
The official 3.3 manual has just a few additional pages with photos of the WP-34s and an appendix with the 'history of PRN pocket scientific computing' - that explains the extra pages.
What I've updated are mainly the new (or changed) functions in the index of operations.

Franz
Reference URL's