HP Forums

Full Version: ROM, Software version on HP 12C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I was wondering if there is any way to tell, maybe a keyboard command? Which ROM, Software version a 12C is running?

Or would you need to open the unit and look at the chips?

Thanks in advance
On 12C units with two CR2032 batteries the self test will provide the ROM date/version and the copyright date as explained on HPSupport, but for other versions of the 12C I don’t think there is a way of finding the ROM version.

My 12C Platinum reports VEr 02 C 2004 hP
My 12C 30th Anniversary Edition reports 2009-07-02 C 2008 hP
My 15C Limited Edition reports 2011-04-15 C 2008 hP
That's just what I was after, thank you so much.
The latest unit I have opened (of "plain" HP12c) shows 2015-1-30 as firmware date. I received it end of February as soon as Moravia got it from production. Made in the Philippines, not China.

It is possible to update firmware through the Pogo connector. I have one such cable but I have been looking to get more and the connector does not appear in any electronics distributor I know of.
By the way, the latest HP-12c+.bin file I found is from 2011. Installing it would mean rolling back several versions!
(04-23-2022 07:42 AM)Divasson Wrote: [ -> ]By the way, the latest HP-12c+.bin file I found is from 2011. Installing it would mean rolling back several versions!

And it may not work on the recent 12Cs which are using a different CPU since 2015 as listed in this thread (12C+ v1 vs. 12C+ v2).

Also the interface of the I/O connector changed from serial to USB between the v1 and the v2.
Reference URL's