|Re: HP-41CV Won't Power On|
Message #2 Posted by Steve (Australia) on 14 Sept 2000, 9:11 a.m.,
in response to message #1 by Philip Elliott
Try the following:
1) turn on, press backarrow or shift (display may just contain alpha blanks.
2) press on (wait 10 secs) press backarrow (wait 10 secs) press on (wait 10 secs) press backarrow... (do this a few times)
3) check correct orientation of batteries, new batteries, dirty battery contacts (springs too)
4) press backarow and enter then on, then release all three (a few times) or do this with enter and on. Or do it with R/S pressed (in case you have an auto execute program that does an off).
5) plug in a wand and try reading some bar code. or try plugging in a printer and pressing the print button (then press ON and try it again). Printer will print X register when HP41 is on, even if display is dead (low power or just dead)
6) attach card reader and tr to run a card through it (try again after pressing ON)
7) press ON remove batteries, press ON again, insert batteries press ON, remove batteries...
8) try to do a MEMORY LOST reset on the calculator (backarrow and ON)
9) short battery contacts on the calculator with foil for a few minutes then reinsert batteries and try again
10) take 41 apart and put ot back together again :-) (actually this will do a reset of the calculator too, but you've got to be a little more careful.
Do we need a "my HP41 wont turn on" FAQ?