The Calculator Store HP16C Overlay
03-07-2024, 03:31 AM
The Calculator Store HP16C Overlay
I probably stretched my overlay a bit when I pulled it out of the package so it tends to bow in the middle when attached to my HP 12C running the HP 15CE firmware in 16C mode.

I found that narrow strips of Scotch brand "Removable" double sided tape laid horizontally between the rows of keys work well in taming the bow. It moves the bow to the edges but it is a better solution for me. The adhesive is weak enough that the overlay can be repositioned but it still lifts up a little bit here and there.

The "Removable" tape is an important distinction as Scotch also sells a "Permanent" double sided tape product which is probably to sticky for my use and might tear the overlay if it needed to be removed.

Try CC41!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2024, 04:11 AM
RE: The Calculator Store HP16C Overlay
I don't believe stretching is a factor. Jose from The Calculator Store said in another discussion thread that he had the overlay modeled on a 12C. The two overlays I have both have the bend in the middle when placed on a 15C CE, the intended target of the overlay. Conversely, the overlays fit perfectly on a 10C, 11C, and 12C.

There must be an ever-so-slight dimensional difference between the generations of Voyager calculators, apparently key spacing. Your solution to the bend sounds good. I'll be trying it, thanks.
03-07-2024, 04:21 PM
I'm using the overlay on a current production HP 12C. I would not want to adhere anything to my HP-15CE.

Try CC41!
03-07-2024, 07:59 PM
My overlay is on a 12C from 2018. Slightly wavy, certainly usable.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)