How much memory may a HPPL program use on a G2?
09-29-2023, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2023 08:08 PM by komame.)
RE: How much memory may a HPPL program use on a G2?
Hello Tyann

(09-29-2023 04:55 AM)Tyann Wrote:  Hello komame

I'm finally giving you my research times:
Note that I did this this morning with the battery at 100%, and yesterday evening with the battery at 25%.
the times were very fluctuating and higher.

??e??r??? --> 6.5s
??e??r??s --> 6.5s
??e?????s --> 8.7s
p?e??r??? --> 0.6s
sc???r??? --> 0.6s
p????eurs --> 0.7s

I've applied a minor optimization for accent conversion. The results are getting more interesting Smile I have one more idea, but I'll only work on the implementation once I turn it into an application.

??e??r??? --> 4.8 - 5.5s
??e??r??s --> 4.6 - 5.5s
??e?????s --> 4.9 - 5.2s
p?e??r??? --> 0.8 - 0.9s
sc???r??? --> 0.6s
p????eurs --> 0.7s

a??? --> 0.016 - 0.018s (!!!)
a???? --> 0.050 - 0.052s
a????? --> 0.206 - 0.212s

How do you enter the '?' character on the HP Prime keyboard? Do you do it using the character table, or is there any keyboard shortcut for this character?
I'm wondering whether to change it to the '_' character, which is easy to type on the keyboard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2023, 05:23 AM
Bonjour Komame

J'ai publié hier mon application sur un site français 'TI-Planet', l'application offre une petite interface de saisie et le '?' s'obtient avec la touche 'alpha', les autres lettres directement au clavier, 'ç' avec 'shift' 'c' et les caractères accentués dans une grille à l'écran.

Hello Komame

Yesterday I published my application on a French site called 'TI-Planet'. The application has a small input interface and the '?' is obtained using the 'alpha' key, the other letters directly from the keyboard, 'ç' with 'shift' 'c' and the accented characters in a grid on the screen.

Sorry for my english
09-30-2023, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2023 06:55 AM by komame.)
(09-30-2023 05:23 AM)Tyann Wrote:  Yesterday I published my application on a French site called 'TI-Planet'.

Good news! Great that you've reached the end already. Since you've already published the version for the French language, I will only publish the version for the English language with additional optimizations that are possible there due to the absence of accents.
Piotr

P.S. During this marathon, I even felt a bit of competition, which further motivated me to find increasingly better optimization methods. Thanks!
09-30-2023, 08:13 AM
Merci Komame

Depuis le temps que je l'avais sous le coude, j'étais impatient de la publier pour voir quel accueil elle recevrais, grâce à nos échanges j'ai pu obtenir enfin une vitesse d'exécution viable et donc j'ai décidé de publier.
Il y a encore certaines choses à mettre en place et surement à améliorer, mais elle est utilisable en l'état.
L'idée est aussi de mettre à disposition des fonctions qui permettront de développer des programmes de jeux de lettres .
A suivre... Smile

Thanks Komame

I've had it in the back of my mind for a long time, and I couldn't wait to publish it to see how it would be received. Thanks to our discussions, I've finally been able to get a viable execution speed, so I've decided to publish it.
There are still a few things that need to be put in place and probably improved, but it's usable as it stands.
The idea is also to make available functions that will enable you to develop word game programmes.
To be continued... Smile

Sorry for my english
10-01-2023, 05:26 AM
(09-30-2023 08:13 AM)Tyann Wrote:  I've had it in the back of my mind for a long time, and I couldn't wait to publish it to see how it would be received.

Remember that the application description is very important because it determines whether someone notices your application or not. You should include the capabilities of your application in it; otherwise, few people will download it if they don't know exactly what it does.

I use both G1 and G2, and I want my application to work on both HP Prime versions. On the other hand, I don't want to have two separate applications depending on the HP Prime version, so I might have to use AFiles to store dictionaries. This worries me a bit because AFiles can cause a performance drop when initially loading the dictionary. I'm also considering condensing the dictionary (something like the solution Jeff proposed with binary encoding). For the English language, this would drastically reduce the size of the application.
Then, for words up to 12 characters long, I would have the dictionary encoded in binary, and for words longer than 12 characters, I would continue to use the method as before.

Piotr
10-01-2023, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2023 03:33 PM by Tyann.)
Bonjour Komame

Oui j'ai mis un post dans le forum du site pour détailler les possibilités offertes par l'application.

Hello Komame

Yes, I've put a post in the site's forum detailing the possibilities offered by the application.

Sorry for my english
10-05-2023, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2023 04:39 PM by ggauny@live.fr.)
Bonjour Tyann,

EXCELLENT !!!
Beaucoup de possibilités s'ouvrent : jeu du pendu, scrabble etc.

Je dois assimiler le mode d'emploi d'abord, surtout....

Gérard.
10-05-2023, 05:23 PM
(10-05-2023 11:54 AM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  Bonjour Tyann,

EXCELLENT !!!
Beaucoup de possibilités s'ouvrent : jeu du pendu, scrabble etc.

Je dois assimiler le mode d'emploi d'abord, surtout....

Bonjour

Merci pour vos commentaires, oui effectivement c'est dans ce but que j'ai réalisé en partie cette application.
Je continue à la développer, je posterai une nouvelle version dans quelques temps avec entre autre la possibilité d'ajouter ou de supprimer un mot du dictionnaire, car j'ai remarqué qu'il y a quelques erreurs dans le dictionnaire et quelques manques aussi.
Je vais aussi étoffer la partie 'Fonctions de chaînes' avec des fonctions utiles pour les jeux de lettres justement.

Hello

Thank you for your comments. Yes, that's why I created part of this application.
I'm continuing to develop it, and I'll be posting a new version in a while with, among other things, the option of adding or deleting a word from the dictionary, because I've noticed that there are a few errors in the dictionary and a few gaps too.
I'm also going to expand the 'String functions' section with some useful functions for word games.

Sorry for my english
10-13-2023, 12:47 PM
Hi, some problems to install on the HpPrime Pro on Androïd.

Gérard.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)