HP-75 - SRQ/interrupt and HPILCMDS.LEX?
07-21-2016, 08:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2016 03:35 PM by Martin Hepperle.)
RE: HP-75 - SRQ/interrupt and HPILCMDS.LEX?
(07-20-2016 09:04 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Martin,
Where did you find a 75C LEX file on series80.org ?

Bob,

I was led to this the LEX file by searching through the old forum. I am not sure whether this file is accessible through the web site front end, but it is still there. This is the 1252 bytes version.
see this thread

I am still trying to find the PPC/CJoPPC/Datafile/TN/... document where I read about the improved Version [see Edit below]. I think it said that a few additional HP-IL mnemonics had been added resp. replaced some empty definitions in the first version. Nothing very important as we can use the "raw" Format to output any desired frames.
I found it interesting/frustrating that this specific LEX file is quite hard to find and not among the many LEX files contained on the various available swap disks.
BTW: there seems to be no web page dedicated to the HP 75 - it is overshadowed by its little brother 71B (for good reasons, yes, but nevertheless it was a milestone machine).

Martin

Edit: ... found the reference (emphasis added by me):
Quote:Computer Journal of PPC V2N5, p.11

I wish to call attention to a NOP on older versions of the 75C LEX program HPILCMDS which comes with the I/O Utilities solution book. The problem is in the Extended HP-IL Command Capability; the Identifier, "DA" (for DATA Frame), is a NOP. In many cases one can substitute the Identifier, "DS" (for DATA WITH SERVICE REQUEST Frame), to send a DATA Frame. However, there may be situations where "DA" is necessary for proper operation.

The version of HPILCMDS I have with this "DA" bug is 1252 bytes long, has a time stamp of 11:23, and a date stamp of 18 December 1982.

I wrote to HP about this and received a reply confirming the bug and a magnetic card with a revised HPILCMDS.

This newer version is 1253 bytes long, has a time stamp of 00:00, and a date stamp of 15 July 1983. "DA" does work on this version.

Fred Lipschultz PPC # 5346
Physics Department U-46
University of Connecticut
Storrs, Connecticut 06268
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-75 - SRQ/interrupt and HPILCMDS.LEX? - Martin Hepperle - 07-21-2016 08:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)