The Calculator Minimalist Programming Club
01-29-2017, 08:36 PM
RE: The Calculator Minimalist Programming Club
(01-08-2017 10:34 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  The Calculator Minimalist Programming Club

As I wrote earlier, the best and really useful calculator from CASIO is the CASIO fx-50F - and it have only 29 steps.

Some little marvel on it:
- Equation solver: 14 steps, with secant method
- Inverse Normal Distribution: same as above, uses the FMLA library of the calculator
- Clausius-Clapeyron ODE solver: 16 steps, with Euler method
- Clausius-Clapeyron ODE solver: 27 steps, with modified Euler (Predictor-Corrector method)
- Flying height of a bullet, ODE solver: 23 steps, with Euler method
- Approximation of irrational numbers with ratio of relative primes: 28 steps, short routine with a little trick (my favourite)
- Finding Darcy friction factor (Colebrook-equation): ??? steps, iterative search
- Rosin-Rammler distribution fit to measured particle size distribution: ??? steps, a short program in L.R. mode

And many little program during my work.

50F is the best well designed scientific calc and equipped with many useful additional things, like constants, six memory with arithmetics, alpha LCD (you can input/output data with labels A, B, C, D, E, F), two program area, linear regression and equation library. By the way few millimeters thick only, powered with solar cell and the layout and colour scheme well designed.

... maybe I like this calculator?!?

Csaba
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Calculator Minimalist Programming Club - Csaba Tizedes - 01-29-2017 08:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)