HP Forums

Full Version: HP-71B for sale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Available: HP-71B Calculator with installed HP-IL module and Zenwand Barcode Reader from the UK

My pride and joy from when I was a little boy -- my mum and dad bought this for me for Christmas in the early 1990s so that I could pretend I owned my own shop! It has been looked after and stored carefully ever since.

Comes with an official HP UK power supply, an installed HP-IL interface and a Zenwand barcode reader.

I have tested all the buttons/keys, which all work, and the Zenwand barcode scanner, which scans perfectly. Though I have no reason to believe it does not work, the HP-IL interface has not been tested as I no longer have any devices to try it with.

Like the proud owner of a well-loved and cared for family dog that needs somewhere new to live, I just want my 71B to go to a good home! Make me a reasonable offer.

There is no corrosion on the battery contacts and the whole unit is in good condition, considering its age (just some superficial scratches).

Feel free to send me a private message with an offer. I would prefer UK buyers, but I'm open to correspondence and offers from anyone!

Thanks all.
What does VER$ return?
HP71:1BBBB HPIL:1A WAND:1A DHSS:1A
According to this thread the Dept. of Health and Social Security ROM set was comprised of three ROM's and a bar code reader.

How many ROM modules does it have?
No plug-in ROMs (as in, in the four ROM slots), if that's what you mean.

The barcode wand takes one slot, but the other three have blanking plates.
(08-13-2015 11:08 PM)dackirinks Wrote: [ -> ]No plug-in ROMs (as in, in the four ROM slots), if that's what you mean.

The barcode wand takes one slot, but the other three have blanking plates.

That's rather strange. What's reporting DHSS:1A?
(08-14-2015 12:38 AM)Dave Frederickson Wrote: [ -> ]That's rather strange. What's reporting DHSS:1A?

I sorta recall from lonnng ago that the Wand port can also hold a module, so it doesn't "use up" a port. Probably the core scanner decode logic is in the ROM in the plug-in.
I think DHSS:1A must be the ROM in the barcode wand, as you suggest, as VER$ only reports:

HP71:1BBBB HPIL:1A

when this is not plugged in.
Reference URL's