|My wp 34s V3|
Message #1 Posted by troy on 5 Feb 2012, 4:07 a.m.
first thanks to walter, pauli, and wp34s for their work on the project! and thanks to gene for the cable.
i've finally flashed and put the overlays on my wp34s.
i made some changes to the default overlay:
1. Color scheme: f = orange; g = blue; h = yellow. i didn't like the green look on the original (no offense to walter/pauli); the green looked very dark on my printer no matter how light i get try it and i can't see it well. the yellow color isn't great, but i think it's better.
2. i put the f and g functions (orange and blue) above the key, instead of below. i'm more used to this layout.
3. used BIN, OCT, DEC, HEX instead of 2, 8, 10, 16, respectively.
4. CHS instead of +/-.
5. the divide key (÷) instead of slash (/)
6. alpha characters on the lower right of the key instead of the lower left.
7. Fonts: Linux Biolinum for the keys, Linux Libertine for the label
i'm also planning to write a user's manual for the calculator that can be printed and bound. it will be based largely on the 15c, 32sii and 42s manuals. hopefully, i'll finish the manual by end of march.
my plan is to flash some calculators, apply the overlays, and print and bind the manual and give it as a gift to some friends. I have engineers, college professors, and scientists friends that might appreciate the gift. none of them are RPN users, but hope to convert them to rpn through wp34s.
i'm trying to compile the firmware to individualize some greeting and include the name of the person to whom i'll give the calculator to.
anyways, here's some shot.