|Reminders: If you're coming to HHC 2011...|
Message #1 Posted by gene wright on 15 Sept 2011, 3:24 p.m.
1) You need to be registered. You will have to sign in at HP security and we need a list in advance. Those who show up at the last minute without registering will simply cause a delay for yourself. We WANT you to come :-) but we need you to register.
2) Registration affects the food budget. Please register if you are going to attend and do so before 9/21/2011 (next Wednesday).
3) You will probably need to sign a Non-disclosure agreement.
4) DOOR PRIZES. There is a long history and tradition of attendees bringing some exciting item (or items!) to go on the door prize table. At the end of the day Sunday, we start drawing for the door prize giveaway. Most years, people get 2, 3, or more items. One year, an attendee got an HP 70 (yes, the red LED HP 70) as a door prize! But, this means if you are attending, we ask that you dig through your closet, drawers and find interesting items for the door prize table. I usually bring 4-5 items at least. :-)
5) This year, we will be more time crunched than usual. We are thinking of enforcing stricter time limits on presentations. If you are given 30 minutes to present, we will limit you to 30 minutes. Really.
6) Please be patient with the committee members. Something may not go as we planned but we all try to arrange things to be informative, interesting and fun!
So, if you are anywhere near San Diego or can come, see item one above and join us!