|Help with flashing HP30 ROM / WP-34s |
Message #1 Posted by BobVA on 22 Apr 2011, 7:05 p.m.
I'm trying to flash the WP-34s image into my HP-30b, but haven't had much luck. What I've done:
- Installed SAM-BA V2.10 on my computer (Win 7)
- Connected HP-30b via a programming cable (thanks Tim!!) and USB/Serial cable.
- Followed Cyrille's instructions in the Development Kit on how to erase the flash, connect and download the image via SAM-BA.
- The original flash image was successfully erased! :-)
- I started SAM-BA, selected the correct serial port (COM7) for the USB adapter and then tried both the "no_board" and "at91sam7L128" settings for the "board" entry in the start screen
- In both cases I see a process called sam-ba_cdc.exe running in the system process list, but I never get a window or other indication that it's started correctly. It doesn't show up in the Application List, either.
The USB/Serial cable I'm using has been very reliable with all kinds of other weird software run on the machine (e.g. DOS disk drive emulators for old computers, flash programmers for radios, etc.) so I don't think it's the problem.
Any ideas or help greatly appreciated. The HP-30S is too light to use as a proper paperweight (the only function currently working). And sorry if I'm being especially thick.
Edited: 22 Apr 2011, 7:08 p.m.