|Re: 34s bug reports|
Message #6 Posted by svisvanatha on 12 Apr 2011, 8:37 a.m.,
in response to message #5 by Paul Dale
FWIW - I cannot get my serial flashing cable to work under Ubuntu. Under WinXP. it is fine.
Bugs appearing in (linux) emulator and 30B/WP34S:
4. When menu items such as h-shift TEST are active, you cannot then select another menu item directly such as h-shift MODE without hitting 'EXIT' first. This is not consistent with the manner in which the 42S treats menus.
4a. Although I did notice that if you select h-shift STAT, and then h-shift PROB, it is equivalent to entering h-shift STAT and then the up arrow
5. Set the BASE to 2 by pressing f-shift 2 (the base 2 on the CHS key). Switch back to base 10. The '2c 64' and 'd' annunciators still persist. There is no way I could find to clear those annunciators. In addition, selections of FIX, SCi, ENG do not work after setting the base back to 10. Battery pull clears this condition on the hardware, but no obvious way to clear in the emulator.
5a. h-shift CONST does not work after setting the base in this manner. Other menus appear to work after setting BASE.
6. Calculator seems to start in HP48 'std' display mode, but after swithcing to FIX 2 for instance, there is no obvious way to switch back to STD.
Bugs appearing the 30B/34S, but working on the (linux) emulator
7. set to 'RAD' mode. h-shift PI - displays value of PI in X. f-shift COS freezes calc. Cannot be turned off, or other entry possible. Battery pull clears this condition.
8. with any numbers on the stack press f-shift R<- (f and then the 2nd key from the right on the top row to convert to rectangular) - should convert to rectangular coords - but all it does is turn off calculator, and calc cannot be turned on again, without battery pull. Similar function f->P (to polar coords) works fine.
9. Dot matrix area (upper left of LCD) has persistent lightly lit vertical bands that shift around randomly after X register changes.
Edited: 12 Apr 2011, 9:03 a.m.