|Re: Advanced HEPAX|
Message #4 Posted by Diego Diaz on 16 May 2004, 12:21 a.m.,
in response to message #3 by Angel Martin
First of all, a "real" HEPAX module is a rare bird, and my advice is (as Miki and Ángel have previously said) Get it!!
Anyhow, if you have to pay for it, and your interest is functional instead of collectionism, take into account that:
- The Advanced HEPAX NoVRAM emulation is a reality right NOW... (I've got three of'em running at the moment)
- It's quite less power-hungry than the *real* HEPAX.
- It doesn't erase its RAM contents when disconnected, as it uses Non Volatile RAM. (No battery back-up either)
- It allows two extra ROM pages to be loaded in the same physical module, i.e. 6 ROM pages + 4 Non Volatile RAM pages in total.
- It will cost 120€ (same as Clonix for the previous Clonix customers) or 175€ (for non-Clonix customers, programmer and adapter will be 25€)
- The NoVRAM is intended to emulate *any* 16k RAM box software ever produced for the HP-41. (Though HEPAX is the Holly Grail ;-) and thanks to Ángel Martín's effort, HEPAX-1D ROM version is available for NoVRAM emulation (Thanks again Ángel. Yes, it works flawlessly!! :-)
- The schematics, software and PCB layout of the NoVRAM project will be freely available for everyone willing to build his/her own module, as it is for the Clonix.
- The first "For Sale" NoVRAM will appear on June 1st, as a small HP-41C 25th anniversary contribution.
Kind regards from the Canary Islands.
P.S. Remove "NOSPAM" from my *new* mail account if you want to contact me.