A Baghdadian Saying about HP Calculators!!!
12-27-2017, 04:05 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2017 04:06 AM by Namir.)
A Baghdadian Saying about HP Calculators!!!
There is a saying in my native and beloved Baghdad, "The student of a master, is himself a master and a half." While the saying itself makes no mention of calculators, it seems appropriate in pointing out to a phenomena that has occurred in the last decade--HP users crafting new calculators or new versions of vintage calculators that are better than HP's own products! These users, who started out as students/customers of HP calculators, have come out with software and hardware that would make HP proud of how it have inspired its clients!

Namir
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2017, 08:41 AM
RE: A Baghdadian Saying about HP Calculators!!!
It's a nice saying. I think it means that the student has the master's experience and its own. No ?
Anyway. It's true that no other calculator brand has so many enthusiasts. Never seen such a big community and/or so involved for TI calculators for instance.
May be HP calculators have what we call in French a "supplément d'âme".

My site http://www.emmella.fr
12-27-2017, 08:52 AM
(12-27-2017 08:41 AM)badaze Wrote:  It's a nice saying. I think it means that the student has the master's experience and its own. No ?
Anyway. It's true that no other calculator brand has so many enthusiasts. Never seen such a big community and/or so involved for TI calculators for instance.

You are right, about the student being able to add to what she/he learns. As for HP calculators, I think they offered special features and cultivated a special loyalty.

Namir
12-27-2017, 09:32 AM
(12-27-2017 08:41 AM)badaze Wrote:  Anyway. It's true that no other calculator brand has so many enthusiasts. Never seen such a big community and/or so involved for TI calculators for instance.
Wouldn't already cemetech (there are more communities like that) be big enough?
Their contest and projects sections are pretty interesting.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
12-27-2017, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2017 10:07 AM by salvomic.)
(12-27-2017 04:05 AM)Namir Wrote:  There is a saying in my native and beloved Baghdad, "The student of a master, is himself a master and a half." ...

Namir

(12-27-2017 08:41 AM)badaze Wrote:  ...

I agree with both of you!
HP and RPN inspired me to study Maths again (after the study in the college, many years ago). Again and better. And re-studying Math I'm loving HP calculators much than first :-)

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-27-2017, 02:09 PM
(12-27-2017 09:32 AM)pier4r Wrote:  
(12-27-2017 08:41 AM)badaze Wrote:  Anyway. It's true that no other calculator brand has so many enthusiasts. Never seen such a big community and/or so involved for TI calculators for instance.
Wouldn't already cemetech (there are more communities like that) be big enough?
Their contest and projects sections are pretty interesting.

I was referring to so called ‘vintage computers’. Even if I have a lot of recent calculators they do not belong to my nostalgia Wink

My site http://www.emmella.fr

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)