Using DPLOT with 42S
12-20-2017, 05:55 AM
Using DPLOT with 42S
Hi folks! I have keyed in the DPLOT program into my HP 42S, but I seem to be doing something wrong. I keep getting "Divide by 0".
I am also unsure what the "Axis" part of the program actually does. I tried plotting a SIN function, filling "1" into all the max values, including "axis", and then R/S. The next thing that happens is that the alpha screen appears. I tried keying in the name of the function, but to no avail.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2017, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2017 06:09 AM by Didier Lachieze.)
RE: Using DPLOT with 42S
Did you keyed it from the 42S manual or did you load one of the two version from the DM42 memory?

AXIS is the y value for the x axis. 0 is a good start value.

You cannot directly plot a built-in function, you need to write a program.
If you want to plot a SIN function, create a program such as :

LBL "FNS"
SIN
END

set RAD mode, enter -1 then press YMIN, 1 YMAX, -6 XMIN, 6 XMAX, 0 AXIS then R/S, enter function name (FNS) and R/S. It should plot the SIN function in a 131x16 window as on the HP 42S.

To plot on the full screen look here.
12-20-2017, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2017 06:39 AM by Trond.)
RE: Using DPLOT with 42S
(12-20-2017 06:09 AM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  Did you keyed it from the 42S manual or did you load one of the two version from the DM42 memory?

AXIS is the y value for the x axis. 0 is a good start value.

You cannot directly plot a built-in function, you need to write a program.
If you want to plot a SIN function, create a program such as :

LBL "FNS"
SIN
END

set RAD mode, enter -1 then press YMIN, 1 YMAX, -6 XMIN, 6 XMAX, 0 AXIS then R/S, enter function name (FNS) and R/S. It should plot the SIN function in a 131x16 window as on the HP 42S.

To plot on the full screen look here.

That works. Yes, I had already keyed in the function program, so that I got right, but no I don't have the manual. I just keyed it in from this website. Thanks for the detailed explanation!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)