new beta financial app didn't start
11-20-2017, 09:23 AM
new beta financial app didn't start
Hello,
when i first selected the different option in the finance app choose box i couldn't access to any of the choices.

Only after playing with that choose box for a while i understood i had to chose one item and then press NUM on the keyboard.

I don't know why but i expected to trigger the appropriate formula with the enter key.

At the beginning i thought that this application was still in development. I am sure i am not the smartest guy in the pond. Just my feeling.

Thanks

Giancarlo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2017, 10:20 AM
RE: new beta financial app didn't start
The Finance app was confusing to me, also.

To me, it would seem more useful to open the app in [Sym] mode, with the [Choose] as the first (or last) soft-key. It would use the input form from the last method selected, or the TVM form if it was the first time ever run, and possibly also for a [Reset] soft key option.

I find the app useful. However, I don't use it that often. So the confusing [Symb] screen is always 'fun' to remember how to go about things there. It's like a pigeon that has to peck on just the right door to get any food ...

So there are at least two customers that find it confusing!

-Dale-
11-20-2017, 12:51 PM
I also noticed that when doing the date calculations in the financial app, that when using the calendar to set the date, that when flicking through the months that for some strange reason (and I can't determine why or how), the dates start decreasing when they were increasing a moment before.....like the dates change direction even though my finger is flicking the same direction.
You have to be doing it quickly and keep your eye on the year....you'll see it start to increase and then suddenly start decreasing...if I can manage to figure out a consistent way to make this fail, I'll post it.

Thx
-Donald
11-20-2017, 11:19 PM
It would be comfortable a tactile option that directs to the Numerical View

[Image: 38494625026_3f9f79befe_o.png]

[Image: 26775119969_5486d38481_o.png]

Viga C | TD | FB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2017, 02:48 AM
(11-20-2017 12:51 PM)webmasterpdx Wrote:  I also noticed that when doing the date calculations in the financial app, that when using the calendar to set the date, that when flicking through the months that for some strange reason (and I can't determine why or how), the dates start decreasing when they were increasing a moment before.....like the dates change direction even though my finger is flicking the same direction.
You have to be doing it quickly and keep your eye on the year....you'll see it start to increase and then suddenly start decreasing...if I can manage to figure out a consistent way to make this fail, I'll post it.

The problem you're seeing MIGHT be due to the recently added feature which changes the YEAR by swiping UP or DOWN. (The month is changed by swiping left and right, as before). If you intend to change only the month, but accidentally swipe up or down (even only at the beginning or end of your swipe), the year will change and you'll be wondering why. That's why.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-21-2017, 12:03 PM
ah....yeah....I could have been swiping at a diagonal doing both at once....makes sense.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)