iOS HP 12C Legacy and standard
11-15-2017, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2017 10:17 PM by salvomic.)
iOS HP 12C Legacy and standard
hi,
what the difference between the app (iOS) HP 12C Legacy (here), at 230 €!, and the HP 12C Financial Calculator (here), at 15 €?

I've already standard 12C and 12C Platinum emulators (and also the hardware, real HP 12C Platinum 25th anniversary), but I'm just curious about that "not so cheap" app... Smile

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2017, 05:49 PM
RE: iOS HP 12C Legacy and standard
Nothing. The legacy is meant NOT to be purchased and hence the ridiculous price. It is only to allow early purchasers to be able to get upgrades.

Early in the 12C app time frame around "ios3-4" or so, Apple allowed signing using development certificates that did not match the account used by the developer. Later (About 3 months later) they changed that which essentially orphaned the original application. We checked with them several times over the years and basically were told "we can't do anything to help".

Once iOS 11 came out, they seemed to finally be more willing to assist and after a month or so we got the ability to update the "original" application in order to provide updates.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
11-16-2017, 05:55 PM
RE: iOS HP 12C Legacy and standard
(11-16-2017 05:49 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Nothing. The legacy is meant NOT to be purchased and hence the ridiculous price. It is only to allow early purchasers to be able to get upgrades.

Early in the 12C app time frame around "ios3-4" or so, Apple allowed signing using development certificates that did not match the account used by the developer. Later (About 3 months later) they changed that which essentially orphaned the original application. We checked with them several times over the years and basically were told "we can't do anything to help".

Once iOS 11 came out, they seemed to finally be more willing to assist and after a month or so we got the ability to update the "original" application in order to provide updates.

thank you Tim, now it is clear for me; as I thought.
Well, ok, we already have the other two emu's and they are ok.

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)